luxury photographic adventures in death valley
Welcome to your tailor-made photography workshop in one of the hottest and lowest photographic locations on earth, Death Valley, California.
With ground temperatures soaring to over 200°F at times, standing 282ft below sea level in salt flats and then up to 11,000ft on top of mountains, this is about as extreme as landscapes can get. Surrounded by rock formations unlike anywhere else on the planet, dry lakes filled with stunning patterns and natural shapes, finished with dark skies all around at night, this truly is a unique place to capture. Working directly with Paul, before, during and after your journey across this incredible part of America, you'll be treated to stunning locations, amazing experiences and down-to-earth photographic tuition which will ensure you capture both fine art prints that you'll be proud to display for all to see, as well as memories that will last a lifetime.
Staying in luxury accommodation up-close to our shoot locations, we'll incorporate landscape, panoramic, long exposure and night photography into your custom workshop itinerary, delivering a portfolio of your own stunning images that will be truly unique and special to you.
- shoot the salt flats below sea level
- capture the mysterious rocks of the racetrack
- 4x4 adventure across the valley
- explore the mesquite sand dunes
- private aerial shoot by helicopter
- dark sky astro-photography at night
- Mesquite Flats
- Badwater Basin
- Zabriskie Point
- Dantes View
- The Racetrack
- Devil's Golf Course
- Panamint Dunes
activity level & climate
- most locations are within a 20 minute walk from the car
- most locations are exposed, meaning high levels of heat and sun - sunblock is a must
- wind protection for eyes is required in some sandy locations
- some trekking across uneven surfaces will be necessary
- extra clothes are recommended to change in to each evening
- summer climate: 89°F - 117°F / 31°C - 47°C
- winter climate: 37°F - 63°F / 3°C - 17°C
accommodation & transport
- top rated luxury accommodation at the heart of the National Park
- amazing facilities, including spa and pool, in the middle of the desert
- prime location for night-shooting of the galaxy above
- climate-controlled 4x4 Jeeps and SUV trucks
- transport provided from start to finish of the workshop
- daily hotel breakfasts included
- on-location lunches at great local food hotspots
- top rated restaurants for dinner, including those further outside the park
- snacks and drinks provided throughout the day
- alcoholic beverages included with dinner
Learn from the best, with one-to-one photographic tuition and post-processing advice throughout, along with access to the latest equipment.
You’re in control of where you want to shoot, using Paul’s extensive local knowledge to deliver unique options and locations.
With no added-extras and luxury accommodation, you can concentrate on what you do best : taking great photographs.
ask us about booking
We'd love to hear from you and understand your plans.
With workshop destinations and budgets to suit all levels of photographer, we're sure there's something special we can design around your individual needs.
To get in touch, or make a booking, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form here to send us a message:
our partnership with Phase One:
The ultimate in image quality, from the ultimate camera system - through our special partnership with Phase One's Digital Artist Series, you have the unique opportunity to shoot using the most advanced medium format camera system in the world.
For a small additional charge, participants will receive their own Phase One XF camera, ultra-high resolution medium format digital back and a selection of the latest lenses to make use of throughout the workshop - capturing incredible details in photographs which deliver world-leading resolution and image quality.
Alongside Paul, those taking advantage of the Phase One upgrade will be guided by technical experts and direct support from Phase One - with hints, tips and step-by-step assistance to get the best out of this amazing camera system.
Don't hesitate to get in touch about our luxury custom workshops - we're here to help at any time.
Many frequently asked questions are also answered on our dedicated FAQ page - click here to take a look.
All workshop bookings are subject to our standard booking terms and conditions, available to read here. If there are any other specific questions that have not been addressed, please feel free to email us directly at the studio.