Capturing & Editing The Night Sky Masterclass – 29th November 2022
*** Registration for Live Event Closed ***
All purchases will be for session replay – sent after the stream has finished.
3pm UK | 10am NY | 10pm HK – 90 mins
Join Paul for an exclusive masterclass in capturing and editing the night sky at its best.
The tools, tips and tricks you need, to ensure you walk away with the best possible images.
In this live and interactive 90-minute session, you’ll learn:
- How to plan for a successful night shoot
- The dark, and light, side of the galactic center
- Exposing for foreground, with and without moonlight
- Finding, and capturing, the movement of aurora
- ISO settings – and ISO invariance levels
- Curves, Levels and Base settings for night shots
- Enhancing the look of the Milky Way
- Sharpening stars, while also protecting from noise
- Editing foreground independently of the sky above
- Levels for printing otherwise dark shots
- Rescuing shadow data when shot with insufficient light
- …and much more
How to attend:
- Complete checkout and payment online
- Receive confirmation email and receipt within 48 hours
- Attendee info sent from 3 days prior to masterclass (19th November)
- Join session, with your own issues & questions
- Receive access to recorded session via link on completion
All classes are provided and operated as a secure, password protected, YouTube Live Session or Zoom meeting in full HD video. (Format will be confirmed 1 week prior to broadcast.)
In order to participate, and by signing up for a masterclass session, you agree that you have the following available for use:
Watch and Participate:
- Mac computer running OS X 10.15 or later (“Mojave”) -or-
- Windows computer running Windows 8 or Windows 10 Home, Pro, or Enterprise
- Dual-Core 2GHz or higher processor with minimum 8GB RAM
- Screen resolution of at least 1920 x 1080
- Browser: Edge 12+, Chrome 30+ or Safari 10+
Recommended for fully-interactive sessions:
- Full or Trial Edition of Capture One v.21+ (14+)
- Webcam or HD Webcam, built-in or via USB
For Zoom sessions, you will need to have the latest version of the Zoom meetings client downloaded (instructions will be in your confirmation email) and join the virtual meeting space 5 minutes prior to the agreed start time, using a minimum 8Mbps down / 4Mbps up, reliable Internet connection.
- One purchase = One seat/computer access to the live session. For multiple attendees on different devices, the appropriate number of products should be purchased.
- Classes are non-refundable in the case of non-attendance, but links to the recording will be made available to all customers
- We are not responsible for a failure in Internet connectivity, but if/when such an issue occur, please be prepared to quit Zoom or YouTube, check your internet connection (by running a https://fast.com test ) and re-joining once you have confirmed your connection is back online – at which point, you will be re-admitted if necessary.
- If connectivity cannot be restored, an alternative date/time for the remainder of the editing session will be arranged and/or links to the full recording will be made available.