luxury photographic adventures in shanghai
Electric, vivid, alive - Welcome to your tailor-made photography workshop in one of our most exciting destinations: Shanghai, China.
Home to some of the tallest buildings in the world with their amazing light displays, this city really is a long-exposure and rooftop photographer's dream to begin with - and that's not to mention the countless street photography opportunities you'll enjoy along the way. Working directly with Paul, before, during and after your journey throughout this amazing city, you'll be treated to stunning locations, amazing experiences and down-to-earth photographic tuition which will ensure you capture both fine art prints that you'll be proud to display for all to see, as well as memories that will last a lifetime.
Staying in luxury accommodation in the heart of the city, we'll incorporate rooftops, landscapes, and cityscape photography into your custom workshop itinerary, delivering a portfolio of your own stunning images that will be truly unique and special to you.
- capture the city from some of the world's tallest buildings
- amazing up-close shots of Chinese landmarks and architecture
- rooftop sunset shoots high above China's most exciting city
- street photography that captures the ancient cultures that still exist
- explore the "neon jungle" first hand with a local expert
- photograph the huge contrast between the vibrant city and rural farmlands
- The Bund
- Lujiazui Rooftops
- The Shanghai Tower
- Nine Dragon Interchange
- Bird and Electronics Markets
- People's Park
- Nanpu Bridges
activity level & climate
- most locations are within a 10 minute walk from the car
- some up-close locations will require walking for up to 10 minutes
- street photography may require 2-3 hours of slow walking
- downtown and rooftop locations are less than a 3 storey climb by foot
- summer climate: 70°F - 90°F / 21°C - 32°C
- winter climate: 34°F - 50°F / 1°C - 10°C
accommodation & transport
- 5 star accommodation in the heart of Shanghai
- overnight option outside of the city at a top boutique hotel
- exclusive club lounge access provided as standard
- air-conditioned vehicles with english-speaking drivers
- transport provided from start to finish of the workshop
- daily hotel breakfasts included
- on-location lunches at great local food hotspots
- top-rated restaurants for dinner
- snacks and drinks provided throughout the day
- alcoholic beverages included with dinner
Learn from the best, with one-to-one photographic tuition and post-processing advice throughout, along with access to the latest equipment.
You’re in control of where you want to shoot, using Paul’s extensive local knowledge to deliver unique options and locations.
With no added-extras and luxury accommodation, you can concentrate on what you do best : taking great photographs.
ask us about booking
We'd love to hear from you and understand your plans.
With workshop destinations and budgets to suit all levels of photographer, we're sure there's something special we can design around your individual needs.
To get in touch, or make a booking, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form here to send us a message:
our partnership with Phase One:
The ultimate in image quality, from the ultimate camera system - through our special partnership with Phase One's Digital Artist Series, you have the unique opportunity to shoot using the most advanced medium format camera system in the world.
For a small additional charge, participants will receive their own Phase One XF camera, ultra-high resolution medium format digital back and a selection of the latest lenses to make use of throughout the workshop - capturing incredible details in photographs which deliver world-leading resolution and image quality.
Alongside Paul, those taking advantage of the Phase One upgrade will be guided by technical experts and direct support from Phase One - with hints, tips and step-by-step assistance to get the best out of this amazing camera system.
Don't hesitate to get in touch about our luxury custom workshops - we're here to help at any time.
Many frequently asked questions are also answered on our dedicated FAQ page - click here to take a look.
All workshop bookings are subject to our standard booking terms and conditions, available to read here. If there are any other specific questions that have not been addressed, please feel free to email us directly at the studio.