Learn how to get the very best from your images
Post-processing can be an art form in its own right, but it doesn’t have to be difficult to get the best out of each and every image you capture.
In these exclusive one-day workshops, Paul will guide you through the process and explain the background to the decisions he makes as images are processed to look their very best. With modern digital cameras, the raw shot can be absolutely stunning, but whether it’s the need to remove a speck of dust from the frame or a quick “tweak” to bring out the detail in the shadows, post-processing has become a key element of our workflow as photographers – and an expected part of delivery for any commercial client.
One day, small group, workshop series
Each one-day workshop is created with a small group in mind. Working with a maximum of 8 photographers, Paul will guide the group through the main processing steps required to get the best from an image, as well as providing tips and tricks for each style of photography – including a few lesser-known plugins that can help reduce the time taken to get to the finished result.
With a mix of presentations, live demos, and hands-on practice on your own computer – these workshops are designed to be both fun and interactive. Our aim is simple – for you to leave with the confidence and knowledge to take your images to the next level following every shoot.
Throughout the day, Paul will demonstrate real-life image processing, with behind-the-scenes access to some of his most iconic commercial shots as well as his popular landscape photographs. By working step by step, alongside, you’ll learn how to implement those same techniques to enhance your own images to a magazine-ready level of quality.
What you’ll learn
- Raw : the foundation of post-processing
- Lightroom & Capture One : exposure, camera corrections, high-dynamic range
- Layers : the building blocks of Photoshop
- Curves : how we craft contrast in an image
- Colour correction : setting the right scene
- People : flesh tones and skin corrections
- Landscapes : key tweaks and changes to enhance the shot
- Cityscapes : bringing the lights to life
- Dodge and Burn : the mysterious electronic darkroom tools
- Masks : brightness, saturation and vibrance
- Recovery : rescuing that one important image
- Web ready : Preparing images for multiple formats
- and lots, lots, more…
What to bring
- Sample images on a memory card (preferably in RAW format)
- Laptop, if available – if not, please advise beforehand
- Your chosen image editing software: raw processor & Photoshop/Affinity/similar
- Power pack for any electronics
- Camera (optional)
- Notepad & pen (or iPad/tablet!)
- £135 per person
- Maximum 8 photographers per workshop
- Includes lunch & refreshments throughout the day
- Free car parking and WiFi
how to book
Our next Edit Like a Pro workshop is scheduled for the 22nd April 2017 in Southampton, UK, from 9:30am until 5:30pm, priced at £135 per person, including lunch.
Click here to book your place now. For future dates, please click through and select from the drop-down menu before adding your chosen course to your shopping cart. All bookings are subject to our standard terms and conditions.